With trends constantly changing these days, it’s hard to tell which new features and design improvements will actually benefit in the quick sale of your property.
Realtor.com has offered a few key features that have helped home owners sell their home the fastest and for the best price!
- Gourmet Kitchens/Chefs’ Kitchens
Open kitchen designs have exploded onto the real estate market, becoming a centerpiece for each home. Luxury is important to buyers, especially when it comes to hosting friends and dinner parties. Dark palettes like black & navy have taken precedent over the more traditional white and neutral shades. Open shelving, double doors, lots of windows, quartz counters, stainless steel appliances – these are all adding to the popularity and success of home-selling!
- Specialty Rooms Whether it be a home office, theatre, gym or mudroom – buyers are asking “why go out when you can stay in?”. While not as popular as they were in the beginning, design experts are saying that homes which come equipped with any type of specialty room usually go for about twice as much as the national median!
- Outdoor FeaturesSolar panels have become a really hot commodity thanks to the demand from climate-conscious buyers and those who are looking to cut down their electricity bills. Built-in pools (whether shared or private) have always been consistently popular, but while they attract some buyers in warmer parts of the globe, some buyers may repel due to maintenance and liability issues. Bottom line for pools is to install it for your own enjoyment first, resale value second.
- Smart Home Features and Electronics Anything from interconnected appliances or internet-controlled thermostats to fully-wired homes. This can be an expensive addition, but the trend is booming thanks to Amazon Echo and Google Home. These electronic home features are so easy and convenient to use – there is almost no reason these additions will go out of style. With this technology, homeowners can now pick up a simple smart home security system for pricing as low as $150, vs. having a technician come in and install a system which could run a bill over $1000! People really like having an app on a phone to know if someone’s at home or not.
- Indoor FeaturesNo matter where you go – fireplaces are always welcome and will never go out of style, however there are definitely more modern approaches to the classic fire place, such as being built into the wall. Another key indoor feature is the walk-in closet; not as popular as they once were due to the de-cluttering movement.
Whether you are looking to sell your home at an amazing price or are looking to purchase a home which includes any of the above upgrades, please give us a call!
We have agents waiting by the phones to answer your questions and help you with all of your buying and selling needs – each step of the way!
Sutton Group Realty Systems Inc., Brokerage
416-896-3333 or 905-896-3333