Helpful Information for Ontario Home Owners with Kitec Plumbing. Here is a little update that might be of interest.
Feel free to pass this along to anyone you know that has been affected by Kitec Plumbing in their units.
– The claim filing deadline is January 9, 2020
– Piping with the names Kitec, PlumbBetter, IPEX AQUA, WarmRite, Kitec XPA, AmbioComfort, XPA, KERR Controls, Plomberie Améliorée are included in this settlement
– At this stage, only people who have experienced a failure in a Kitec plumbing system are eligible to receive settlement payments
– If you have not experienced a leak, you should still file a Claim Form
If there are sufficient funds remaining at the end of the claims filing period, you might be eligible for some compensation
– Per the plan of allocation, a payment will occur per each qualified leak experienced. The payment is approximately one half of the estimated costs to repair or replace the affected fitting or pipe
– If you had to replace your plumbing to sell your house, you should file a Claim Form and include documentation showing that you were required to replace your Kitec System and the costs. Depending on fund sufficiency you might be eligible for compensation at the end of the claims period
– The laws regarding the disclosure of information to potential buyers vary depending on the state or province. If you are planning on selling your home and have a Kitec System you should disclose this information.
* For full details of the lawsuit go to http://www.kitecsettlement.com/
* If you are not sure a house has piping related to the Kitec Lawsuit contact ACISS for a pipe inspection. 905-464-6967 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sutton Group Realty Systems Inc Brokerage