The Best Time to List Could Be Right Now!
- People are generally happy during the holidays. They may be looking for that perfect home and call it their perfect Christmas gift. We don’t want to disappoint. Some agents say December is their busiest month meaning buyers are buying.
- Decorated homes engage the emotions. Buyers may relate or feel more connected to a tastefully decorated home. Remember emotions buy!
- Fewer homes on the market mean less competition. If you wait until after the holidays or even springtime, you are likely to see other homes coming on the market in large numbers. Less inventory now means higher prices and less negotiation.
- Holiday home buyers are more SERIOUS buyers! If they are out looking instead of shopping and going to parties, they are serious about moving and probably have an immediate need. There may even be getting a year-end bonus they can use for a down payment that has them excited.
- Relocation buyers are on strict timelines. Some may be getting relocation assistance and need to close quickly to take advantage of the financial help coming from the employer to get started in the new job.
- Your home may look its best during the holidays! The pretty lights and Christmas décor will get the focus of the buyers and they may not notice little wear factor of the home. In other words, the home may look better with holiday decorations.
- Buyers may have more time off to look at homes! Many get extra time off around the holidays and with the kids out of school their minds may go to finding a new home as their current home suddenly feels not right for the family.
- Life happens and brings life changes. Houses become too small, children may want to change schools, parents may want to move closer to work, family members come and family members go. Our needs change and the time of year is not a discerner.
- The Seller can call the shots. You don’t have to move unless you like the offer and terms. Remember serious buyers make serious offers. Buyers may want to get the New Year started in their New Home. You can make it happen for you. too.
- New Qualifying regulations may play a part in a Buyer needing to move while his Pre-Approval is still valid.