Local Realtors Shawn Fang and Carol Chen of Sutton Group Realty Systems are going above and beyond when it comes to doing their part to support front line workers during the COVID-19 pandemic. They have initiated a fundraiser for Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital, with intention to raise funds to purchase personal protective equipment (PPE) to support our frontline healthcare staff. No one could have dreamed that they would raise more than $30K within two days in their neighborhood.
Shawn Fang, Carol Chen, and Suzanne the Director of the Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital Foundation
“Carol and I have worked with the hospital for a while for fund raising activities and community outreach. The Hospital Foundation told us we are the first group to raise fund for them online” Shawn Fang, Sales Representative.
If you’d like to help make a difference and join Shawn and Carol in supporting the front line healthcare professionals working for the community, click here to donate now. Any donation will help make a positive impact!
Click here to see how the team is already making a difference!
Just a reminder that your friendly neighbourhood Sutton Group Realty Agents are still here, and will always be here to support our community. If you think there are any other events we should know about please contact us.
Sutton Group Realty Systems Brokerage Inc.
* Independently Owned and Operated
Peel: 905-896-3333 Halton: 905-827-6999 Toronto: 416-762-4200 Hamilton: 905-296-2888
- Use diluted household bleach solutions if appropriate for the surface. Check to ensure the product is not past its expiration date. Unexpired household bleach will be effective against coronaviruses when properly diluted.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application and proper ventilation. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser.
To make a bleach solution, mix:
5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water
4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water
- Alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol.
- Household cleaners and disinfectants: Clean the area or item with soap and water or another detergent if it is dirty. Then, use a household disinfectant.
Follow the instructions on the label to ensure safe and effective use of the product.
Many products recommend:
- Keeping the surface wet for several minutes to ensure germs are killed.
- Precautions such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.
Most EPA-registered household disinfectants external icon should be effective.
Click here for detailed disinfection guidance.
Health authorities have provided important guidance to help contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus, directing that people minimize opportunities for transmission of the virus through direct physical interaction.
Conventional open houses, which involve in-person viewing of the property and direct physical interaction with salespeople and other prospective buyers, are the types of activity health authorities are directing be ceased.
As realtors we are following the direction of health officials by declining to facilitate or participating in open houses, and by limiting showings to where they are absolutely necessary. We are embracing a variety of technology tools, including virtual tours, facetime walk-throughs, zoom meetings, electronic signatures and inserting clauses to help in real estate transaction.
TREB Notice: Sample real estate clause during the Covid-19 Alert:
The Buyer shall pay the balance of the purchase price, subject to the usual adjustments by wire transfer.
The parties acknowledge and agree that all closing documentation can be signed electronically and forwarded by email or fax in accordance with the Electronic Commerce Act, 2000, S.O.2000,c.17
The parties agree that the keys to the property shall be left in a lock box at the property and the code to the same is to be provided to the Buyer’s lawyer in escrow pending closing of this transaction.
The parties herein acknowledge and agree that they are required to close this transaction notwithstanding any impacts of COVID-19, save and except the closing of the Land Registry Office(s) and all financial institutions. In the event the closing cannot occur due to a shutdown/disruption of the Land Registry System and/or banking system, then the closing date shall be automatically extended to the fifth (5th) business day following the date upon which said systems have returned to operational status and can clear funds accordingly.
The Province has released a list of essential workplaces considered “essential services” under the provincial shutdown that takes effect at 11:59 pm on Tuesday, March 24, and is expected to last for at least 14 days.
TRREB is reviewing the list and the implication for our industry and will share our analysis, including an FAQ for REALTORS® shortly.
Below are industries that impact our industry directly and have been considered essential:
Land registration services, “real estate agent” services and moving services: This does not mean business as usual as we will have to adhere to the health advisories related to COVID-19 which means use of technology and remote work arrangements. Stay tuned for an FAQ shortly.
Institutional, Residential, Commercial and Industrial Maintenance
- Businesses that provide support and maintenance services, including urgent repair, to maintain the safety, security, sanitation and essential operation of institutional, commercial industrial and residential properties and buildings, including, property management services, plumbers, electricians, custodial/janitorial workers, cleaning services, , security services, fire safety and sprinkler systems, building systems maintenance and repair technicians and engineers, mechanics, (e.g. HVAC, escalator and elevator technicians), and other service providers who provide similar services.
- Construction work and services, including demolition services, in the industrial, commercial, institutional and residential sectors.
- Capital markets (e.g., the TSX);
- Banking & Activities related to Credit Intermediation; credit unions;
- Businesses that provide pension services and employee benefits services;
- Businesses that provide financial services including payment processing, the payroll division of any employer (as defined by the Employment Standards; and Act/Occupational Health and Safety Act), any entity whose operation is the administration of payroll, banks and credit unions.
Businesses that support the safe operations of residences and essential businesses.
Best That Toronto Has To Offer Is Close At Hand!
• 2 bath , 2 bdrm apartment – FOR RENT CAD3,750 ML . Premium 2 Bed + Den Waterfront Condo For Lease!
in Lake Shore Blvd W/Park Lawn Road, Toronto
Premium Waterfront Suite With Best Panoramic Views Of Lake And City From All Rooms!
Bright & Spacious 2 Bedroom & Large Den With Windows In Monarch’s Award-Winning Luxurious Waterscapes!
Highly Desirable Waterfront Neighbourhood, Oasis In The City!
Best That Toronto Has To Offer Is Close At Hand: Lake Ontario’s Best Beaches, Martin Goodman Trail, Yacht Clubs, High Park, Wealth Of Recreation, Famous Eden Restaurant, 24 Hour Rabba, Easy Access To Downtown, Ttc And Hwy!
Call Your Sutton Realtor Today To Book An Appointment!
Eat-In-Kitchen With Walk-Out To Backyard!
• 4 bath , 3 bdrm 2 storey – FOR SALE CAD749,900 . Elegant 4 Bed/3 Bath Home In Brampton!
in Hurontario / Bovaird, Brampton
This House Is Pride Of Ownership!
Patterned Concrete Front Porch, 2 Car Garage With Side Entrance!
Elegant Entry & A Nice Foyer!
Large Living & Dining Room, Open Concept Family Room & Brick Fireplace With Mantle!
Kitchen With All Stainless Steel Appliances & Eat-In-Kitchen With Walk-Out To Backyard!
Wood Staircase, 3 Large Bedrooms & 2 Bathrooms!
Finished Basement With A 4 Piece Bathroom & Ample Light All Over!
Truly Lovely House!
Address: Sandmere Ave
• 1 bath , 1 bdrm apartment – FOR SALE CAD599,900 .
in The Esplanade, Toronto
Welcome To 25 The Esplanade!
A Posh New York Style Condo In The Heart Of Downtown Toronto With 100 Walk/Transit Score!
Stones Throw From Union Station And Steps From The St.Lawrence Market!
This One Plus Den (2nd Bedroom) With Locker Has Been Renovated With New Flooring, Exposed Concrete Ceilings, French Doors, And Loads Of Storage!
Amenities Include: 24 Concierge, Game Room, Gym, Sauna, Bbq’s, Party Room, 7 Outdoor Terraces
***Maintenance Fees Include Hydro***
Address: 25 The Esplanade
Close To All Amenities!
• 2 bath , 3 bdrm bungalow – FOR SALE CAD529,999 . 3+1 Bedroom, 2 Bath Raised Bungalow In Guelph!
in Centre Wellington
Welcome To This Bright, All Brick Raised Bungalow On A Quite Street!
Close To All Amenities, Walmart And Public Transport!
Main Level Boasts 3 Good Size Bedrooms With Full Bathroom!
Separate Dining Area And Living Room!
4th Bedroom, Rec Room Full With Bathroom & Laundry!
Gorgeous Backyard And Deck To Enjoy Bbq And Family Time In The Summer!
1 Car Garage With 2 Parking Spaces In Driveway!
Huge Lot With Endless Potential.
Make It Yours!!!
Address: Glenbrook Dr
• 2 bath , 3 bdrm bungalow – FOR SALE CAD980,000 . Sunny 3+1 Bed Bungalow In Mississauga!
in Winston Churchill/The Collegeway, Mississauga
Sunny, Modern 3+1-Bedroom Raised Bungalow In Erin Mills Designed To Accommodate Busy Family!
With Ample Space For Active Living!
New, Open-Concept Kitchen Features Quartz Counters And New Stainless Steel Appliances!
Main Floor Family Room Features Cathedral Ceiling, Skylights And Walk-Out To Private, Fenced Backyard!
With Expansive Deck/Pool!
Spacious, Bright Basement With Separate Entrance!
4-Piece Bathroom, Rec Room With Fireplace, 4th Bedroom And Access To Garage!
Address: Spruce Needle Dr
Walking Distance To Schools, Junction Village, High Park, Subway & More!
• 3 bath , 6 bdrm 2 1/2 story – FOR SALE CAD1,299,000 . Incredible Character Home For Sale In High Park!
in Runnymede/Annette, Toronto
Incredible Opportunity Awaits You In Highly Coveted High Park/Bloor West Village!
Spacious, Bright, South West Detached 2 1/2 Storey Character Home With Private Drive & Detached Garage!
Charming Arts & Crafts Detail, Stained Glass & Original Woodwork!
Well Loved & Cared For By Same Owner For 53 Years!
Walking Distance To Schools, Junction Village, High Park, Subway, Restaurants, Coffee Shops & Shopping!
Enjoy Family Living In One Of The Best Neighbourhoods In Toronto!
Walk To Schools: Humberside Collegiate, Annette & St. Cecilia Elementary School, Runnymede P.S. & Western Tech!
Address: Evelyn Ave